Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trials

*sigh*

Yesterday was a decent day despite what is going on in my head. Then last night I saw the OK news. All of this has been a tough pill to swallow.

I am angry that the news last night gave out wrong information about my cousin. I'm angry that in their search for dirt on him, they didn't come to his family but went to neighbors. Neighbors who don't know the truth. Neighbors who make their own assumptions. That makes a better news story though, right? I realize that these things are really not going to make a difference in the big picture. I struggle because I want to stand up for him and correct what they said but I question if it's really going to make a difference.

As a Christian I know that God will not take me through more than I can handle--even though sometimes it feels like it's all more than I can take. I have struggled with not being angry about the things I have faced in my life and by the grace of God, I feel that I'ved done pretty well. I guess it's only natural though to want to experience life without trials. I have hope though.

John 16:33 is one of my favorite verses. It says "These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Love that.

Also, thank you to the person who visited my mom and grandparent's grave and put up the flamingo and other decorations. Thank you for caring.

No comments: