Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Burdens

Ok, so there are two things that burden me on a regular basis.

One being trash. I have for as long as I remember, worried about our trash and where it goes. I imagine a world years from now that is piled in trash because we have too much. I worry about our landfills and dumps being full to the point of overflowing.

The second thing that bothers me alot is the lack of respect in our society. It drives me crazy. People are so rude and I think it's contributed to people becoming so disconnected with each other. Deborah Norville has come out with a book called The Power of Respect: Benefit from the Most Forgotten Element of Success and I'm looking forward to reading it. It just really bothers me that people are so disrespectful and have no manners. It's sad really. No one has compassion or empathy any more. People are rude and just don't care. We need to start a movement I tell ya!

I am a huge fan of a blogger called The Pioneer Woman. She homeschools her children and often has a fellow homeschooling blogger on her site giving homeschooling advice or stories. I can't believe I'm going to admit this but I have definitely given thought to homeschooling my future children. I used to be like "no way could I ever homeschool my children nor would I want to!" My thoughts on that have drastically changed. Anyways, this guest blogger on Pioneer Woman's website, Mrs. G., has written a post called "Mama don't let your babies be deadbeats" and I love it. I agree with everything she says. Read it here, if you'd like. I really feel strongly about this. I mean, I have worked in daycare for a LONG, LONG time. I've been around alot of kids. ALOT.

I pray that I will be able to raise respectful, well-mannered, well-behaved children. I know, some of you are laughing at me but we all need dreams, don't we?

No comments: