Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

My Garden

Hehe, here is my little garden. It's over run with tomatoes right now. The tomatoes are still small and green. My one neighbor said that tomatoes don't usually get ripe until September here. The other neighbor said hers weren't doing too well. Our friends in Utah already canned theirs. Don't pay attention to all the junk around the garden either.

This garden below is my neighbor to the west of us ( I think). I had to be sneaky when taking this picture since he was in his garden. Don't mind all the wood either. It's my other "bad" neighbors. There's quite a bit of wood here that you can't see that he had been storing in our yard for the last year. When Austin told him he had to move it because they were going to put in grass or something, the guy moved it to my neighbors yard. That guy said he could store his wood there for 2 weeks and then it was his for fire wood. The other guy agreed. Well, that 2 weeks came and went about 4 months ago and it's still there, leaving a nice dead spot in my neighbors nice grass. See, the "bad" neighbor, doesn't want the wood in his yard, I'm presuming for the same reason. So, David doesn't like "bad" neighbor at all since he has no respect for anyone else's property. It makes David so mad that they guy left his junk in our yard for so long without ever asking Austin first. Then the "bad" neighbor always puts his trash can in our yard at the curb. He keeps it out there all week. So, like every day David goes over and pulls the guys trash to the street. The guy said that when the sod came in he'd quit putting it in our yard. He has for the most part but every so often we'll find it back in our yard. It's almost amusing how mad it makes David. Whew, that was long.



This garden below is my "bad" neighbors. It's a really nice garden and in fact, the rest of his garden is directly behind my house. He now owns part of what used to be our lot. I guess he bought a part of our backyard from the previous owner, so his yard is L shaped now and ours is shorter because of it. His whole backyard is really nice.


So far though, we like all our neighbors, except the one I just mentioned. An elderly neighbor 2 doors up brought David and I some homemade plum syrup the other day and it's good :0) And this morning this other elderly neighbor who has given us some really good cucumbers and corn came by and asked if we'd like to come over and have some refreshments and play a game tonight. I think I heard him telling David that he usually gets together with the neighbor who gave us the plum syrup but he couldn't tonight, so he came and asked us! Looks like we'll be playing some dominoes or something tonight with him and his wife. He's a really nice guy. He tills people's gardens every year and let's you use his tractor and hands out his produce. He rides his bike through the neighborhood. He's a cute old man :0)

Well, I guess that's all for now.

No comments: