Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

33 weeks

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

I seriously can't get over how close it is until little Avery is here! I have been so blessed during this pregnancy! No major aches or pains and probably such a relief for David...no crazy emotions! This pregnancy has been really easy and I pray the rest goes just as smoothly and that the delivery does as well. My midwife is leaving this Friday to go to Europe and will be gone for 2 weeks. I've got to find out today what I do in the event of early labor...who do I call? I'm excited to meet with her today to see how my little girl has grown. People look at me in shock when I tell them how far along I am. It's fine by me if she's small as long as she's healthy! Plus, the fact that I'm not HUGE has probably contributed to my lack of serious discomfort. At least, that's what makes sense to me :0)

I was supposed to go have some cavities filled today but I cancelled because I've got some sort of cold/allergy thing going on. It sucks. Getting cavities filled sucks too. After my experience the first time, I'm not looking forward to the second time. David's fillings were a breeze.

Anywho, I'm gonna keep sitting here and sipping my hot tea. I gave the blueberry tea a break today and am drinking some pomegranate green tea. It's good but not as good as the blueberry!

No comments: