Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Business of Being Born

Yesterday I got my documentary in the mail and I was super excited! I of course watched it last night and now I have to have a home birth :0) The documentary really gives you some things to think about. I can't wait for David to watch it.

They made a good point in the documentary about how women nowadays are afraid of giving birth. Society has made it to be some sort of painful, traumatic event that we want to get over with. Notice how people are quick to tell you their gory, horror stories of what happened when they gave birth? You tell someone that you want to have a natural child birth and you get "yeah, we'll see how you feel about that when the time comes." Thanks for the support...
Natural child birth does scare me but I'm fascinated by it, well, I'm fascinated at the prospect of home birth. Women are created to give birth. Our bodies know what to do. If billions of women have done it, I can too. At least that's what I'm telling myself! If you watch a home birth compared to a hospital birth, the difference is noticeable (at least the hospital births on a Baby Story! haha). I don't mean to put a damper on or offend anyone who has hospital births. In fact, I may have one. I'm just thinking about choices for me. And since this is my blog, I'll post what I want to! (it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!)

I'm also pretty excited about a book I ordered too by a lady named Ina May Gaskin. She's a famous midwife. Had I known I was going to be on my own at work today I would have brought it to read. Bummer. Maybe I'll go home at lunch and get it.

These are the thoughts of the day...

No comments: