Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Snow?

It's a cold snowy day here. Yuck. It's supposed to be that way until Saturday I believe. It's almost May, this is ridiculous.

I've got some thinking to do. Yesterday I spoke to my insurance company to see if they'll cover a midwife. They will as long as she's in their provider directory and it has to be in a hospital. I spoke to a doula yesterday who gave me the names of 2 midwives. I believe they're both relatively new. One is more experienced than the other. I'd rather have someone who is more experienced. I think I'll still meet with them though. You never know. One of them might be perfect. They both will do homebirths.

98% of me wants to do a homebirth so badly and the other 2% of me likes the idea of a hospital because, let's face it, crazy things happen to me. My only fear is that in a hospital, they'll give me a limit on how long I can labor and then drug me up to speed things along. Which I DO NOT want. David said he'll be there and there is no way he'll let them do anything to me that I don't want. Aww, how sweet :0)

If I were to go the hospital route, what if I labor too long at home and give birth in my car?? That would be horrible. So many things to think about but I've got 6 months. Which I guess really isn't that long.

Sometimes I think it would be easier if I didn't know things and then I just went on to have a "normal" birth experience that most other people have. I wouldn't have to think so much :0) I'm glad I know what I know and can make decisions though. I wish November would hurry up and get here!

No comments: