Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm Home!

I'm home and David has already run off. We had a great weekend. We took the scenic route up to Cascade and I'm glad we did. We saw some really pretty country. It was pretty chilly up there. Lake Cascade was still almost completely frozen. I couldn't believe it. There was quite a bit of snow left up there in some places.

We didn't do a whole lot. The main thing I wanted to do was go on the train ride but it was shut down in Cascade. We could have done a ride down in Horseshoe Bend but it was close to Boise and we didn't have enough time to drive down and get back before our dinner plans.

Friday we really didn't do much since we got there later in the evening. We got some soup and sandwiches and then went back to the Inn and relaxed. The bed was so amazing, I wanted to bring it home. Each night, the Inn serves milk and cookies at 8:00. I think that was the highlight of David's trip. Saturday we went further up north and drove through the Payette National Forest. It was pretty. There really wasn't much to do up there. David was bummed because he wanted to take his fishing pole but forgot it and his fishing license. So we came back to the Inn, relaxed some more and then went to our candlelight dinner. It was good. My only complaint, they only served water. People were bringing in their own wine bottles. David and I were surprised by the staff with a bottle of sparkling apple cider and wine glasses that were brought to our room.

Today we came back a different route and drove through Boise and Twin Falls. That was some boring country! I'm glad we went the other way to get there! We stopped off at Shoshone Falls and Twin Falls. Due to how low the water is, it was neat but not as great as I've heard it's been.

So now I think I'm going to start a movie and just hang out. My weekend's not over yet :0)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

How nice was having that GPS for this trip? Looks like you guys had a good time :)