Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stomach Bug

Well, I hope last night was the end of the throwing up for Avery. I hope it doesn't come back this evening. We survived our first stomach bug or whatever it was.

Saddest thing ever. I'm not sure who it was harder on, me or Avery.

I wish I didn't have this uncontrollable fear of vomit. I just had to do a lot of self talk last night to get through it! I hope it becomes something I can deal with without feeling like having a major anxiety attack.

She seems to be feeling better today. She perked up around 10 last night and ate. She hasn't thrown up since sometime before 9 last night. I didn't sleep well last night though because I kept listening to hear if she threw up in bed. And not to mention my nerves were shot. I know that I'm going to be up for alot of challenges being a mom but I think this is truly going to be my biggest hurdle as a mom. It's mind over matter. Though it doesn't usually matter what my mind knows and more about how my body's reacting.

I tried giving her pedialyte because I think she's a little dehydrated but she doesn't like it. She ate well this morning so hopefully I can continue to feed her and not have to go to the doctor.

I guess I'll get off here because I keep falling asleep while typing and I have to go back and erase the stuff that's not making sense :)

The doctors office just called me though. I called them because her soft spot was a little sunken in which is a sign of dehydration. They said keep pushing fluids and since she's acting ok, to keep nursing her and she'll be fine.

Lord help me. Haha. I need it :)

No comments: