Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Avery and I made it back from Oregon last night. David met us at a truck stop in Brigham City around 11. It's soo good to be home. I had a really good time and Avery was a champ! She was so good in the car the whole way and was so smiley while we were there. She only freaked out the last hour on the way home.

I would put pictures on here but I put them all on facebook and I don't feel like uploading here. All of the kids did so good on the trip. I was really impressed. It was Avery, me, Jocee, Gavin (4), Shae (20 months) and Lily (almost 8 months). I seriously can't get over how well the kids travelled.

We went to Unity, Oregon which is where Jocee is from. I thought that I had seen some small towns out here and I have but they're relatively close to Logan or Preston. Unity's closest town is an hour and forty five minutes away. Jocee's parent's drive that to go get groceries. This town was seriously in the middle of nowhere and the "cabin" we stayed in was the most remote, isolated place I've ever stayed. There is a guy who lives out where we stayed who had a stroke 20 years ago and all he can say is "sh*t"!!

Avery likes to dance. We went to a gradudation party and there was a great band that Jocee's uncle plays in and they were playing Tom Petty, CCR, Willie and other great music. Avery wore herself out jumping along with the beat of the music. I had to wake her up the next morning. The school that Jocee's cousin graduated from is really small. There's only one school for grades K-12. Only 5 kids graduated and one of them was an exchange student. There's only like 45 students in the whole school. The school board has projected that the school will close in 4 years because the enrollment keeps dropping. No one's living out there anymore.

It's always fun to travel but it's really great to be home. Avery and I missed David :)

No comments: