Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Camping Tale

First off, as usual, before we even left we were having issues. I mentioned the wheel bearing problem. David got that fixed and then before we left he noticed that we had a bad tire. Avery was not being herself. We decided to pick up a tire on the way at Wal Mart. The Wal Mart near our house has a parking lot that is like a parking garage and we didn't want to park there so we figured we'd make it to Brigham City, to their Wal Mart. On the way, David decided we should try Harbor Freight in Ogden to see if they sell trailer tires and they do so we decided it'd be better to stop off there.

Two miles from the exit we hear this "psssst" sound but it sounded kind of like a plastic bag. So, I was looking in the bed of the truck to see if a bag was loose. At that time someone drove by and pointed out our tire was blown. So, we pull over and David unhooks the trailer and stays with it and Avery and I rush to Harbor Freight. Oh, and Avery had been fussing pretty much the entire trip. We run in to get the tire and we get back in the truck and I can't get it to start. I keep trying and it won't start. I call David and tell him but then it magically started. So Avery and I high tailed it back to the highway. I get back to David and I pull the truck in front of the trailer and he points to the front of the trailer and what is right there? A tire. It wasn't in the greatest condition though so we felt better with a new one. David gets the tire on and we're on our way.

As we're driving to the nearest exit to get gas, David says he forgot the tire on the side of the road and he doesn't want to leave it. We get gas and get back on the highway to get the tire. We realize the hood of his truck is unlatched so he tells me to remind him to close it when we get the tire. We both forget and we're driving down the highway when we realize we forgot, so we pull over again.

A few hours later we finally make it to the camp site which was in the middle of NOWHERE. As we were driving into the forest (Caribou Nat'l Forest) the signs are all broken and you can tell nothing is kept up by the forestry people. I was like "who goes here when the forestry has even forgotten about this place?!" Anyways, Avery and I sat in the Brackin's warm camper while David, Austin and Carson got our pop up trailer set up. Wouldn't you know the heater didn't work? It was cold. I don't know the last time I was that cold at night. I was not happy. We all slept in the same bed. David and Avery took up the whole thing while I *kind of* slept half way off the mattress and surprisingly never fell out of the camper.

It basically rained the whole time and was in the 40's. We went on a 4 wheeler ride at one point before it started raining but it was sucky too. I couldn't get the 4 wheeler out of gear and then it crapped out on us so we had to turn back.

Avery fussed the entire time except for Sunday she woke up in a good mood. We ended up just heading home. It never felt so good to be home. Avery was an animal when we got home. I don't know if she was so excited to be home but she was just running circles around the house. We rented some movies and relaxed.

I'm going to create another post so this one won't be so long. That was pretty much our camping trip. We were cold and wet the whole time.

No comments: