Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Friday!!!

I am in love with the pink of this flower. I think it's sooo pretty.
Sprinkler fun!


This is Helga. She's a Swedish (I believe) type cow. She's so furry! She has a son name Dexter and he's furry too.
My attempt at taking a picture of Avery's mouth after eating Chic-Fil-A.
love Fridays! I love the anticipation of the weekend. I love having my family together. It makes me happy :o)


So on Wednesday, Avery and I met our neighbors at This is the Place and had a good time! It was much more fun for Avery than the zoo. We rode a train, which Avery loved, to this little village they have. It has original pioneer buildings (and some replicas) and volunteers dress up like pioneers. You can go into the blacksmith shop or the barber's shop and watch them work and they'll give a speech. I would have loved to go through the cabins and houses they had but Avery was being a little...unruly :0) Plus, it was a lot of walking and I didn't have her stroller and I was tired of chasing her and tired of carrying her. 


They had baby animals. I think Avery's favorite were the baby turkeys. She'd follow them around. One even bit her which startled her but she got over it quickly and was back after it. She got to see baby chicks at different stages and boy did she want to get her hands on one! I would let her though because she wasn't gentle enough. She saw baby goats, pigs, sheep, ducks. She saw long haired cows, oxen and I can't remember what else. She loved it though.


Then yesterday, she had speech. The therapist came to our house but she didn't really work with her, she just wanted Avery to get to know her. This program is an educational based one so they want to educate David and I. So she suggested coming up with family goals for where we want Avery to be. Um...this part annoyed me. You are the professional, you tell me where she should be. So every goal we came up with such as reading to her, the therapist says and how long do you want to read to her? Um, you tell me what is a good amount of time. 15 minutes a day? 30 minutes a day? She asked me how many words I want her to be saying in 6 months. Well, how many is she supposed to be saying in 6 months? I mean isn't she the one who is supposed to be telling me where Avery should be and what we should be doing to get her there?


They're only going to meet with her twice a month. The therapist said that speech delays are really common. Just in their east office they have over 500 kids being seen for speech delays. She said we need to work on imitation with Avery as it is a pre cursor to language. We also need to hold the objects near our mouth when we say the name so she can see our mouth move.


I asked her if it was typical for kids with speech delays to show no interest in repeating words and she said yes. So, I asked if one day they just start showing interest and she said yes. We'll see how this goes. Hopefully Avery will catch up sooner than later.


Avery decided to get up at 6 am this morning but she's been in a great mood so it hasn't been bad. Although she was up 4 times last night. I think her canine teeth coming in are bothering her so I finally gave her medicine at 2 something since it was her 3rd time up since 12 something. She slept until 5 something, went back down and was up at 6. I wanted coffee but had put vinegar in my coffee pot yesterday and forgot about it. So after I spent most of the morning trying to clean the vinegar out of the coffee pot, I made a cup of coffee and well, I'm pretty sure I didn't rinse out all of the vinegar. I tried Dunkin Donuts coffee last time and it was amazing. This time I got sucked into buying Folger's caramel drizzle...the name enticed me. Ugh! I will never go back to Folgers! I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl now :o) I can't wait until I'm done with this bag of coffee!


Well, time to get off here. That's what's happened the last few days around here! Have a great weekend!

No comments: