Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cache Valley

This weekend we all went back up to Cache Valley for our family pictures. As we were coming through Sardine Canyon I told David it felt like we were going home. He agreed. I haven't been back up there since right after we moved and that was about 8 months ago. When we were driving through the canyon it was like a breath of fresh air. When we came out of it, it was like you could relax. The traffic was less and everything was just slower. It's amazing how fast you get used to things whether it be the faster city or the slower more rural life.

I'm thankful that I have found out that I can be happy either place. There are things I love about the city but there are things I love about not living in the city.

I liked Preston. I liked Hyrum and I like Salt Lake. I think however...I might, maybe, just a little prefer the smaller town life...

Wow.

Wait, I'm already questioning that statement :)

But I do miss Cache Valley. I miss the drive between Logan and Preston...so pretty. I miss driving the back roads. After our pictures in Franklin, we went up to Preston and took some back roads and didn't see another car. Perfect.

Anywho, Avery is all beat up. Right before we were getting our pictures done, in the photographer's driveway, Avery tripped and now has a bruise in the middle of her forehead. She has a scab on the side of her nose and this morning another scratch has appeared. She has a bruise on her cheek from David pulling her on a blanket (which she fell off of). She has a scratch on the upper left side of her forehead from tumbling down our front steps yesterday. Then she had another spot where she hit her head on the steps again last night and her knees are all bruised up and she's got some minor road rash :)

I'm super excited to go see the baby animals tomorrow. Avery probably won't give a flip about the animals. She'll just be excited to be with people. Yesterday some school kids were walking home from school and she stood out there and waved and yelled hey as they walked by. I felt sorry for her standing there alone :( She needs siblings! Thankfully she's got the boy next door and I think we'll be playing more with the 2 boys 2 houses up. I think there's another girl 2 houses up but I'm not sure if she lives there or just visits.

I'm excited for Avery's speech on Thursday. I can't wait for her to talk! Please...no negative comments about how I'll want her to be quiet :)

Avery loooovvveeess Blue's Clues. She could watch the same DVD over and over and over. Sunday night we were watering the yard and Avery had her first experience playing in the sprinkler. I love her!

The weather is perfect, Avery is feeling good...life is good :) I'm so excited for summer!!!

No comments: