Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Wednesday evening Avery was watching some Barbie video in the living room on her little DVD player. She cracked up at one part of the movie. David and I thought it was funny because she's never really laughed AT something on the TV unless we do of course. She would skip forward in the movie and watch that same scene over and over laughing each time. I had to see what was cracking her up. Barbie plays a dancing princess named Genevieve--there are 12 dancing princesses. All of the princesses were sitting at the table about to eat breakfast and one of the girls is so tired. She has her head propped on her hand and she falls asleep and her head falls and she goes face first into her food. Then some man tries to wake the girls up and picks up a chair and slams it down and the girl jerks her head up with food on her face. I wondered what exactly it was that she thought was funny or at least how much of it she was understanding.

The other night I bought my first beer *gasp*! I made french dips last night and put the beer in with the meat in my crockpot. The recipe had all these wonderful reviews about how the beer added this wonderful, complex flavor to the au jus. Well, I didn't think it made much difference from my usual french dips. Seems like I've tried quite a few recipes lately that have all these wonderful reviews and then we end up thinking they're "eh". Maybe it's us. I also tried the beer because it's made in Provo and I was curious to try this "dark" beer. Blech!!!

TGIF!!! I looooove Fridays! I love having the whole weekend to look forward to.

It's also been 9 years today since my mom died. Man I miss her. I wish she was here to see Avery.

Happy Friday!

No comments: