Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Food

Avery and I went next door today and had a play date with the little boy and 2 other girls from the next street over. We had a good time.

The boy next door is absurdly smart. Yesterday he said "So...heard any good Sodium jokes lately?" Unfortunately I didn't get the joke. Apparently the symbol for Sodium on the periodic table is Na. Get it? Na...as in no...

He can't eat wheat, oat, dairy or gluten. There might be others I can't remember. I'm actually glad to have gotten to know them because we can talk food allergy food :) Even their dog has food allergies!

I don't know the difference with the wheat/gluten thing but I do know that Avery's face is significantly better when she doesn't eat bread or crackers. I need to get her tested to see if she has an allergy or an intolerance and to wheat or gluten or both. I know some kids grow out of wheat allergies.

I have done some reading and plan on trying some things for Avery's peanut allergy that I'm hoping will heal her from it. But I can only do what I can do when I can do it. Know what I mean? So in the meantime we will abide by the crazy diet. My neighbor gave us some gluten free, nut free, soy free bread to try. She also gave us some brown rice pasta to try. I tried the bread and it's not bad. It's definitely not regular bread but after I put some butter and jelly on it, it will do. She has also offered to share with me her recipes for waffles and some other things. She let us try some gluten free pretzels today too. They tasted very similar to regular pretzels.

I can't believe that Avery is about to be 18 months old! She drinks out of regular cups good now and she now walks up our front steps without holding on to the rail!!! What a big girl!!

Well, that's all for today!

No comments: