Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beautiful Weather

It's been in the 80s yesterday and today. I was actually hot outside today! Avery loves running around outside. What kid doesn't?

I am feeling frustrated today with businesses. I got our taxes done in March but a few weeks ago found a tuition document that I forgot to give to the tax guy. So I emailed it to him 3 weeks ago and asked him to email me back letting me know he got it. He did and said he'd call me the next day since it was so late. Never heard from him. I called twice last week. I left a message with the receptionist and one on the answering machine. I told the receptionist that I was getting frustrated that I couldn't get a hold of him. So today I call and she answers. I tell her who I am and who I'm calling for. She says he's not in his office. I said "of course". I left another message so we'll see if he calls me back.

Last week I called a lawn service and left a message. He didn't call me back until yesterday. Sorry dude...found someone else.

Last week I called someone to come look at my duct work to give me a second opinion on whether or not they need to be replaced. Said he'd call my renters to set up a time. Found out today they never heard from him.

I called some guy for lawn service or something last week. I had to leave a message and his voicemail message was less than enthusiastic for his business. I left him a message telling him exactly why I was calling and he calls me back and with this I could care less tone and says "I missed a call?" That guy didn't get my business.

Being a homeowner costs me a lot of money. However, now that I have had the joys of renting...I'll take money sucking home ownership over renting. It's nice to have someone else fix stuff but there's nothing like living in a home that is yours...or the bank's ;) Since we have left OK, we have put in a new shower, a new stainless steel oven, stainless steel stove top, new heat and air and we're about to put on guttering that got taken down when we tore the carport down. I have conflicting reports on whether or not I need to get new ducting so we'll see about that. It'd be nice though to have new ducting to go along with the new heat and air. I guess this is also why people buy new houses and not old ones!

David and I are now working on our 8th year of marriage :) Feels good! We went to dinner last night and he bought me a card and chocolate :) Then we went to Home Depot and then watched a movie. Nothing fancy but I love spending time with my little family. I love my family :)

No comments: