Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chairs

Avery likes to push her chairs all over the house. She stands on them to see the TV. She pushes them up to the kitchen counters. This morning after she ate her oatmeal, she went on her own and put her bowl and spoon on the kitchen counter. The other day I even caught her in the hallway trying to reach the thermostat. Sometimes she'll push the kitchen table chairs but usually it's one of her small chairs.

Yesterday Avery and I went next door and played with the neighbor boy. He's got a play gym slide swing thing. That kid is really smart. He's 5 and a half and was talking to me about gear ratio's and optical illusions. He's obsessed with elements (as in metals) and is constantly building things. He has a huge K'nex thing that they have to use a ladder for being built in their dining room. His dad is an electrical engineer and teaches his son all of this stuff. All of his toys have birthdays and he has imaginary friends with birthdays too. He told me he has 20 little brothers. So, he's smart buuuuuut kind of strange. Nice kid though. He does not talk like a normal 5 year old at all. He's probably smarter than me. His mom invited me to join a book club in our neighborhood. Apparently there are 2. She said it's been hard to get to know people in this neighborhood. At least she goes to church with people but she said they're kind of cliquey. Then I found out the mom plays on a women's hockey league during the winter and on a men's league during the summer. She doesn't look like a hockey player. She teaches Latin and Ancient History to homeschool kids.

Crazy Avery got up at 6:30 this morning so she's resting now. I thought she'd be asleep but she's just laying in her bed.  Her face is significantly better after having stopped the wheat. I did give her a little yesterday because we had chicken fried chicken for dinner and I noticed it got a little more red. I think I'm on to something here.

My little girl is making some noise so time to go!

No comments: