Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Teeth

I am super excited about something. If I mention it, I'm sure I'll end up eating my words but I'll take my chances :o)

I mentioned that I had started Avery and I on some fermented cod liver oil to help with our teeth. Here's the story. I noticed a while back that Avery had a pit on one of her front teeth. I was really bummed about it. My little girl had tooth decay! I am super paranoid about teeth. I used to have recurring dreams about my teeth falling out. Incredibly vivid dreams. Anyways, I was worried about taking Avery to the dentist at such a young age for dental work. I was afraid that they would want to put a cap on her tooth.

So I researched it. Of course I found lots of reasons why her tooth could be decaying: I was introduced to too much flouride at a certain point in my pregnancy, she could have bottle rot (even nursing babies supposedly get this from night nursing but I don't believe this since breast milk has antibacterial properties in it), genetics, too much sugar and even a gluten intolerance that wouldn't allow her to properly digest nutrients causing her body to pull nutrients from her teeth. The last one is actually what I'm leaning more toward but who knows for sure. I just needed to fix her tooth.

I read some really great stories of people healing their teeth through the Weston A. Price diets and his recommendations of fermented cod liver oil/high vitamin butter oil blend. He was a dentist. He felt that if we can heal broken bones, we can heal teeth. There's a lot more to it than that but anywho...

So in comes the fermented cod liver oil/high vitamin butter oil blend. I ordered from supposedly the best source and got it in cinnamon so it'd be easier to take. I also bought cell salts to supplement along with it. Cell salts are minerals. I think our body makes 12 or something so I got 2 that are good for teeth.

I gave Avery the FCLO/butter oil blend and she got red around her mouth. I'm not sure if she had a shellfish reaction or if it was the cinnamon. I've heard from other mother's that their kids had a reaction to the cinnamon. I'm not going to risk it though, at least until I get her tested for a shellfish allergy. I was pretty bummed to not give her the FCLO and had been looking at what else I could do. I kept giving her the cell salts anyway.

Today I was brushing her teeth and wouldn't you know it?! Her tooth is healing!!!!! You can't hardly see the pits at all. She had one, then two and now they're hardly visible!!!!!! You have to get in just the right light to see them and I could barely feel them too. At one point I noticed her tooth had turned a little brown but I ran a cloth over it and it was better but today the color looks EVEN better!

Let's just say I'm proud of myself :o)

This is why I'll end up eating my words haha! I'm going to continue the cell salts and see what else I might want to do. I know of some other options so I might try them. I also have been taking her outside to make sure she's getting some vitamin D. FCLO is an excellent source of vitamins A and D and since that was out, I've been more mindful of being outside with her.

Well that's my exciting story of the day!

No comments: