Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Evening

Look at the cute bow around my disc of pictures I got yesterday. I'm so glad I got my pictures!!

Yesterday we got an invitation to dinner at the neighbor's house. The guy and his brother have a smoker that they take to events and they make barbecue. I think he was really wanting to test out their barbecue on us. Kinda funny :) We had some pulled pork sandwiches and some ribs. I thought they were both really good. I was pretty impressed. Especially since they're from out here and barbecue is not very common. Barbecue is something you do here, not eat :)

Afterwards on the walk home we started to visit with the next door neighbors of the people whose house we ate at and 2 of the neighbor guys came over because one of them discovered that we have a sprinkler system (which I told David we did but he didn't believe me so we haven't used it all summer...soooo a big thanks to my neighbor for pointing that out :)) So they helped David get it going (there were some issues at first that they had to figure out). It was a great night. Alot of people were out walking and visiting and kids were riding bikes and playing in the water. We met our new neighbors and visited with the husband (the wife isn't so personable it seems). It was just a perfect summer evening. And to top it off--Avery was so tired she didn't play when I put her to bed :)

Our neighbor sent us home with some strawberries from her patch and they're so sweet and delicious!

We learned some sad news about one of our neighbors last night. They just had a baby 4 weeks ago (their 4th) and he was born with a heart defect and they have opted to not have surgery on him and so they're basically waiting for him to die. The doctors said he probably wouldn't live past 5 days and now it's been 4 weeks. He looks so healthy and beautiful, you'd never believe it. The whole left side of his heart is underdeveloped is what we were told. Such a sad ordeal for the family. They are in our prayers.

We're all excited for grandpa to get here too :)

No comments: