Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

The weekends just go by way too fast! We had a really great weekend and got alot of stuff done.

The only bad part of the weekend was going to the baby's funeral. I've never been to a baby's funeral and it was really sad to see that tiny, white casket. It was a lovely service though. I was sitting with my neighbor and we had to stand when the family came in. Well, they kept coming and coming and coming. My gosh the families out here are huge! I was thinking about how this would be one of the many perks of having a big family. There are a lot of people who love and are willing to help out the grieving parents. Not to mention their church family who is just as willing to help in any way. I saw my neighbor the next day after the funeral pushing one of her children in a stroller, walking to get their mail. She is now that mother who lost her child. When will she stop being that (I know, never but you know what I mean)? I remember thinking when my mom died about how I had become that girl. The one who had lost her mom. Anyways...

Other than that our weekend was nice and relaxing. We ate at this mexican restaurant that I really liked. The first one since living here that I've really like and I've been driving by it for the last 2 years!!! If I had only know sooner!!

Well, it's time to go to bed. My dad will be here tomorrow!

No comments: