Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

3 Things

While Avery's napping this morning I've been watching the TV show The Doctors. I was pleased to hear them talking about skin to skin contact after birth. They were specifically talking about babies born prematurely. They were explaining why they use incubators and mentioned that a study in the country Columbia (brought about b/c a hospital didn't have enough incubators) showed that babies did better when they had skin to skin contact with mom or dad rather than lying in the incubator.

The second thing I'm happy about is that I got a magazine in the mail called Babytalk and they mentioned delayed cord clamping and listed the benefits of it. Yay :)

And the third thing is the magazine mentioned problems with some babies being tongue tied and how it can create problems with breastfeeding and how the tongue tie is often over looked. Correcting the tongue tie had corrected a lot of breastfeeding issues. I bet alot of mom's give up, not knowing why their baby can't/won't latch on. I'm glad they brought awareness to these 2 things!

I wish more people would research things.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I am glad to see some good things coming back. YOu always keep me up to date on the latest research:) I like it!!