Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Today Avery has been getting a lesson in obedience :) She always opens the drawers on the armoire in our living room. I'm always afraid she's going to smash her fingers. She pulls the drawer out and then chews on the knob. Today I thought it would be a good time to get her to learn the word "no" and learn to start listening to mama. She's still young but I've got to start early in obedience training.

She went for the drawer and I told her no and barely swatted her hand and she put her hand down and looked at me and smiled. Repeat the scenario a few times. I had to look away because her smile made me laugh. She did stop though and over the next while she would roll up to the drawer and put her hand on it. As soon as I saw her do it I would tell her "no" and she would take her hand down and get distracted by something else. This happened a few times. I've worked with kids long enough to not be naive enough to think that I just taught my child to listen to me but I've worked with kids long enough to know that if I keep up with it she will listen. I absolutely CANNOT stand inconsistencies when it comes to discipline and I pray and pray that God gives me the strength to ALWAYS mean what I say and ALWAYS follow through.

It is truly my hearts desire to raise a child who is respectful. I'm really excited because I have found some resources to help parents cultivate Godly characteristics in our children and I want them. I want them bad haha. I'll have to save my pennies :)

I love my little girl. I could seriously squeeze her to death. I won't actually squeeze her to the point of death :) BUT I love her so much, that's how tight I want to squeeze her. It's all out of love. Pure love.

No comments: