Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ears, Food and Summer

Thought this was interesting: Homebirth info

Summer has finally arrived and I'm loving it. Our house was sooo hot last night because we hadn't put in the window units. David came home late from work and found Avery and I melting away so he put the window unit in and it's been heavenly!! It's going to be a whopping 92 today :)

David's been worried about his hearing and one of his ears has been bothering him so I got him an appointment with an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor and we got some good (or bad...)news. They said his hearing is above normal...bad news is: he's a bad listener :(

The doctor said he's probably noticed hearing loss because he had such good hearing before but even with any that he might have lost, he still has better than average hearing. He also had a small hair that had landed on his ear drum (doc said probably from last hair cut) and so every time it moved, David could hear it. It had also irritated it some too. So it was good to get good news. Good news for him...not for me :) hahaha Now I know he can't use the excuse that he can't hear me.

Also, he got custom fitted for ear plugs. He said when they put the foam in his ears he could barely hear himself talk. He said it was awesome and the doctor said the actual plugs would block out even more sound that just the foam for the mold. The doctor said they actually make ear buds for ipods and stuff so that everything else is completely blocked out. Also, they make plugs for shooting guns that will heighten your hearing so that you can hear even a whisper but when the gun fires, it dampers the sound but I don't know by how much but I'm guessing it's a lot. So, I'm glad that David's going to get some good ear plugs.

I bought my canning stuff and I'm super excited to use it. I haven't made it down to get any food yet though. I forgot to buy jelly jars though so I'll have to get some. I'm really excited about making salsa, spaghetti sauce, jams, jellies and whatever else I can boil. No veggies or meat since I don't have a pressure canner. I think it'll be neat to eat stuff that has no preservatives or other additives. Plus, I just think it'll be a lot of fun. I can't wait! I'm also going to try freezer jam. I can't wait to have shelves of food that I canned myself :)

No comments: