Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just Thinkin'

All this time I've been rather annoyed at the poor quality of video that my little camera takes. Well, today I hit some button and started to play with it and the video cleared up. Sheesh. Glad I figured it out at least. Now I'm going to force myself to not be ticked that I have 6 months of blurry video when I didn't have to...

I've been trying to upload a video since last night but of course, I can't get it so I'll wait because it's making me angry.

I've been thinking about something lately and I just want to put it out there. People always say that God will not give us more than we can handle. I think this provides a lot of hope to people who are suffering through different things. It gives us comfort to think that in our lives, we'll never experience hardship or pain that we can't handle. I've always gone along with this thought, though never really thinking about it. Sounds nice enough, doesn't it?

Then I read something that made me think about it more. Where in the Bible does it say that? I've thought about this and I think that there are things that we, sinful humans, can't handle. But the good news is that if you are a child of God, you can deal with what ever comes your way. By ourselves we can't deal with everything but with God helping us, we can.

So in a way, it's true that God will never bring us anything we can't handle but in another way I don't think it's true. I think that statement puts the emphasis on us and not God. Without Christ, we can do nothing. I like that. As a Christian, I can have comfort knowing that I can handle whatever comes my way because I have God on my side.

Well, that's my deep thought for the day.

I think God is going to be a more prominent topic on this blog. Just so you know.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I NEED TO THINK OF THIS WHEN I FEEL LIKE I CAN NO LONGER DEAL WITH TRACE.