Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Weekend

Saturday we drove to Jackson and floated the Snake River. The weather was only in the 50's so it was pretty cold to be in the water and the wind was blowing hard. We got wet suits thank goodness! It was a good time. The water wasn't too rough. Just perfect for my first time floating something other than the Illinois.

Afterwards we went and ate Bar-b-que at a famous Jackson restaraunt. It was good. David was happy, he said it was the best he's had since leaving Oklahoma.

On Sunday we froze our butts off as we packed up for our drive through the Teton National Forest and Yellowstone. Saturday night it got down to 31 degrees!!! In August!!! We headed out and saw lots of pretty sights. We were happy to find out that Sunday was national park day so we got into both parks free. The only thing that kinda stunk was that the clouds were so low when we drove by the Teton's...you couldn't see them! I saw them from a distance later though. We saw Old Faithful too. Austin said it didn't shoot as high as it does sometimes. Oh well. It was still pretty cool. We saw a ton of geysers too.

On our way back we stopped off at some water falls in Idaho, not too far from where we live. Mesa Falls is the name. They were really cool. I'll have to get pictures later from there because my camera died and I haven't got the pictures from Austin and Vicki yet.

Oh, and to add to our list of states that we've been in this past week, I have to now add Montana! So that makes 9!

Here's a slideshow of our weekend. There are more but I haven't got them all yet. I'm excited too because we got a waterproof camera for floating and so I can't wait to get them developed (haven't done that in a while!).

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hey thats acool slide show I am trying to make mine right now! I just sent you all the pics I have with you in them so can you send me some of the ones you have of us thanks.