Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Experiences

It's hard to tell in these pictures but the dandelions in Idaho are huge. They're probably almost as big as the palm of my hand. I was going to take a close up of one but I made it fall apart.

I had a couple of "firsts" the last 2 days. Last night we went to a dairy. It was dark outside so you couldn't really get the scope of how big it was...or how dirty it was I hear. This particular dairy has 8,000 cows. I saw more cows and hay than I've ever seen before. Also, I never knew/thought about what they do with all of the poop. They have excrement ponds. Those were pretty gross and the smell was horrendous. David went back today and treated the poop pond for mosquitos...hehehe. By his own choice I might add.

Cows are so cute but I've learned they're not the brightest animal. I still want one and one lamb. Anyways, I saw them milking some cows through the windows. And then we left.

I also enjoyed a new beverage yesterday. It was quite enjoyable. It was red creme soda from Barq's. It was really good. I didn't know Barq's made anything but Root Beer. So that was pretty exciting. Vicki introduced me to it. After I tried hers I got one out of the vending machine at the grocery store. They have a shasta vending machine. I'm amused by that. And speaking of vending machines, I think it's strange how almost every business has a vending machine outside their building. I mean every where I turn there is a vending machine.

Along the same lines as vending machines- the grocery stores have an entire wall of 20 ounce drinks. Like a gas station. I've never seen that before. David also said that there's some farmer or someone that has a fridge on the side of the road that you can get drinks out of. It has a change bucket.

So today I saw a horse that has a really messed up back. It's back is seriously dipped in. I don't even know how to describe it. It looks really painful. I think it has a name but I'm not sure. I guess when a horse is born with a back like this, they normally put it down. The horse doesn't seem to be in pain but I don't know what a horse in pain looks like. I would hope that if the people thought it was in pain they would have put it down by now. I hope it's not.

As you can see, there's not much of anything new for me to share. I'm still looking for a job. I. Need. Something. To. Do. Ugh! I'm going crazy!




No comments: