Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bear Lake

Today we went to St Charles Canyon where Vicki and her family were staying the last few days. When we got there we found out that just about the entire family had got a stomach bug while there and that Austin bought a little sail boat.

We went to Bear Lake to take out the new sail boat. Later in the afternoon a wind storm came through so David and Austin jumped on the boat and went to see how it sailed in strong winds. Everyone packed up and left while the guys were out on the boat but I stayed. I was sitting in the truck and realized I couldn't see the guys. I kept looking and looking and I finally noticed these 2 boats that stayed the same distance from each other like one was towing the other. Well, I got out my video camera to zoom in and see if it was the guys and it was. A cable that holds the mast up broke so they were stranded. The boat has no motor either...or paddles. Thankfully a boat towed them in.

I have some video from today but I'll post it tomorrow. Here's the pictures though. This first picture is from a spring in the canyon.


The pic above is a picture of the sand on the beach. See the ripples in it from the waves?



1 comment:

Chan said...

oh no not good that they got stuck out there. . .good that someone towed them in! :) Love all of these pic's :)