Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Rodeo Time

Last night we all went to the rodeo. Not too far into it, the sky got really dark and started to pour down rain. We ran for cover under a tree. The guys went and got the van but it stopped raining so we went to the carnival and got some funnel cakes and corn dogs. Then we went back to watch the rest of the rodeo.

I realized something last night about funnel cakes out here that I never noticed in Oklahoma. Out here they give you the option of toppings on your funnel cake. Cinnamon sugar, whipped topping, fruit, chocolate and whatever else I guess. I asked David if he remembered that stuff being offered in OK, he said not that he remembered. Maybe we just never noticed but I'm sure we would have.

They also make fry bread out here and call it scones. Weird.

Anyways, when we went back to the rodeo a steer got hurt. It was sad. I don't like watching the roping shows. I think it's sad how they wrap that rope around their necks and then the cow gets yanked backwards and onto the ground and then get their legs tied up. Seems mean to me. I know they don't get hurt but it's still not nice. I do like the bull riders though.

Well, I guess I'll go and see about getting us ready for the sand dunes. Austin told us last night that no one is allowed to die while we're there. Comforting, right? Hopefully I'll come back with some cool pictures and maybe some video. Stay tuned!

No comments: