Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trouble Sleeping

Lately I haven't been sleeping well. Tonight is no different but maybe worse. It's getting uncomfortable for me to lay in my bed. My belly is uncomfortable tonight. Nothing worrisome I don't believe, just protruding :0) I pulled out the body pillow and had it behind me and the guinea pig under my belly as I laid on my side but my stomach just wasn't feeling it so now I'm here.

David's breathing problem has started acting up again so he's sleeping sitting up next to me on the couch. Poor guy. The allergy pill seems to have kicked in and he's breathing much better and no coughing his lungs up now. I think he needs an inhaler. And according to Dr. Mercola, some more vitamin D. I think he has allergy related asthma but that's my own diagnosis. Go ahead, call me Dr. Irving.

I've been following a blog about a little girl in Texas living life after a bowel transplant. I know several members of her family but don't know this little girl personally. She is 5 years old and her little body is in severe rejection of her bowel. I don't believe this is the first time but it's the worst. She is in the hospital fighting for her life. If they can't save her bowel, the prognosis is very grim. I was sitting here feeling kind of stressed watching David breathe and then I thought about how this isn't really anything. We both have our health, praise God. What that little girl's mom wouldn't do for her to have some minor breathing problem that is remedied by an allergy pill. They are taking this little girl to the brink of death, trying to keep her body from attacking this bowel, in order to try and save her life. The mom's heart is broken. My heart is broken for them. If anyone reading this thinks about it, please say a prayer for little Ashley. She needs it so badly.

On a lighter note, I have been walking a mile in the evenings with a girl who just moved here and goes to church with me. Vicki started walking with us tonight too. Our goal is to step it up and walk further. Thankfully the weather here is so perfect for an evening walk. In fact the weather has been awesome lately for us folk who don't have air conditioners! I'm not looking forward to August though. I better get my AC unit before then!

Hopefully we'll be getting some porch steps this Saturday! Yay!

Ok, that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments: