Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

In Love

I am so excited that we are going to have a baby girl! This might be a recurring statement on this blog from now on :0) Just a warning...

I know that every new mother fantasizes about life after her baby. I am under no illusion that it's going to be easy. I've never raised a child but I have been around alot of kids and I know how they are. I've worked with children in every age group. I've spent more time with some people's kids than their own parents. So, I guess in some ways I have raised children, just not in my own home.

I just think about all the tings I want to teach my children. I'm really excited about having a girl because I recently found a website about raising daughters in godliness and preparing them in the arts of homemaking to the glory of God. I have always loved the idea of being a homemaker but truthfully was never taught in many areas. When you haven't been trained to do something, how do you know how to train your daughter how to do it? That's what's so wonderful about this website. It teaches you and gives examples of how to train your daughters in the art of homemaking. I'm super excited. I'm going to buy a book that is along the same lines and I cannot wait! So in the meantime, I plan on learning alot before November and plan to continue learning the art of homemaking after she's born.

I'm also excited because I have found some information on training children in obedience and it goes right along with how David and I feel about discipline and training children. I'm very thankful that he and I are on the same page so far. I'm sure there will be things that arise that we'll feel differently about but it'll be fine. I plan to use this information to implement some training into my children. After working in daycare, I've seen alot of things that I don't want to do. It's also put a fire in my bones about kids these days.

I've found the cutest artwork that I'm going to buy to put in the nursery. I can't wait! I think that I might make her bedding too. We'll see...

Oh and I've also discovered that I might have to become a country queen. I'm obsessed with the idea right now of having my own cows and chickens. Not a pasture full of cows, just a few that I can slaughter. I want to process my own chickens too. Ok, one beef would last us forever. Would anyone notice if I put a cow in my back yard??

No comments: