Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

aVeRy LyNn

It's finally out! My baby girl's name that is. I love it.

She's been moving quite a bit lately. Of course, every time I try to get David to feel it she quits. One of these days he'll feel it...

Reading is something that is very important to me. I think it's crucial to read to children when they're small. It helps with reading comprehension and spelling. Basically the only 2 things I was decent at in school. My grandma used to read to me ALL THE TIME. Then I started to love reading and I remember when I first got my glasses, I wouldn't wear them. My grandma would tell me that if I wanted to read, I had to wear them. I would begrudgingly put them on so I could read. I loved it. Still do but don't seem to make much time for it anymore. I should pick it up again. I read a lot in the cabin.

So the point of this is...I started Avery's library!! Actually I started it a while back but this weekend David and I were at the book store and I got her some board books. I'm so excited. I got her a touch and feel book, an ABC book, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? book and another one...can't remember what it is though. I've already bought her some Dr. Seuss books which are a little advanced for now but that's ok. And I got her one of my all time favorite books: The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. Beautiful story. Love it.

I can't wait to hold her and read to her!

No comments: