Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Coffee, Mt. Dew and Watermelon

My days at the county are numbered. It's bittersweet. I like having something to do (I also like not having something to do...), a place to go, people to see. You get the idea. I also like the idea of trying to get our new house in order. When I get home from work, it's like the last thing I want to do. Especially after making dinner.

David went camping last night. Hope he and whoever else is with him got up and made it to work on time. I think he'll be staying tonight too. I had dinner with him last night at the campsite. He didn't go very prepared. We used tortillas as plates. That's ok...we were being economical.

Throughout this pregnancy so far, I've not had many cravings. I've had cravings but shoot, I had cravings before I was pregnant! Something I have noticed though is that sometimes when I eat something, I feel like it's THE BEST thing I have ever eaten. Monday, it was my cottage cheese. I felt like I had never had anything so tasty in my life. I have noticed one craving that has been pretty consistent: mountain dew. I was not a mountain dew drinker before I got pregnant (I'm still not) but oh how I crave it. Mountain Dew and watermelon. I have bought two watermelons and they were both bad. I'm waiting for someone's garden to produce a delicious watermelon that I can have. He knows I'm waiting patiently.

Another pretty consistent craving I have is coffee. I've been staying away from drinks with caffeine but I sometimes drink a shaken black iced tea from Starbucks. Shhh. On Sundays, at church, David will make him some coffee and I just sit and smell it. It's amazing. What I wouldn't give for some coffee right now...I need to get some decaf.

Well, I just thought I'd write something to remember about my pregnancy. Someday I know I'll forget.

No comments: