Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just Some Thoughts

Ok, so I think I've adjusted quite nicely to small town life. I dig that there's no traffic. I like how there are only 2 stop lights in town so I don't waste my time sitting at a red light for 5 minutes, just to go down the road a mile and sit at another one for 5 minutes. I even (shh, don't tell anyone) like the smell sometimes of the cows. That sounds better than saying I like the smell of their poop :0)

I like how there isn't a restauran/fast food place on every corner to tempt me :0)

I do not like how there is no Target, Panera Bread, coffee shop, Wal Mart, Taco Bueno, Johnnie's, Old Navy, mall, Bravo, Paper Lion, Serendipity, and many other places. No wonder I've put some padding around these old bones...most of the places I miss are food places!

Even though I didn't always go to those places, it was nice knowing I could if I wanted to. Not only were they in my town but the were like a mile from my house.

I also was surprised the other morning as I stopped off at the bank before work. Only to find it closed. The bank doesn't open until 9 for the drive thru and 9:30 for the lobby. My old bank's drive thru was open at 6:30! Granted, I realize that is really early but dang, I thought surely they'd be open by 8. Am I the only person around here who has wanted to go to the bank before work? Apparently I am.

But all in all, it's not a bad place to be. In fact, it's quite nice. And I have found that I can live without the afore mentioned establishments. I like how on the weekends, everyone is out with friends and family camping or boating or doing something fun. On Fridays, you see trucks pulling boats and RV's everywhere!

And of course I like how when I drive anywhere, I see mountains. I see hills and cows and beautiful horses. And lately I've even been seeing chickens on the side of the highway. I will mention that one is now road kill :(

It's really pretty when I take David to work and it's light out but the sun hasn't peeked out from behind the mountains but it lights up the sky and the clouds in a beautiful way. I love that I now live near so many beautiful places.

Despite struggles being mentioned in the previous post. I am happy that I am where I am. David's uncle has a set of rules to live by. One of them is "no matter where you are, there you are"...I think that's how it goes. I'm glad I'm overcoming struggles in a beautiful place.

No comments: