Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It's a little after 2 AM and I should be going to bed since I need to get up in a few hours but oh well.

David and I had a good trip home. The drive didn't seem too bad.

We did have one slight issue come up on our way though. Our tenant called us and said the stove no longer works. This stove was "fixed" when we moved out and we were hoping it would last a while but it is the original stove to the house so it's almost 50 years old and we can't deny a new one is needed. So, that means we have to by and install a new stove. The kind that go on your counter top. Bye bye car money :( But oh well, these things come with the territory of being a landlord. So now David's got to do that plus clean out our storage unit. And depending on how heavy our load is, we may have to leave tomorrow. Who knows what's going to happen.

Let me tell you about the highlight of my day besides coming home! As David and I left we were driving through the Cache National Forest and we see something kind of like galloping along the outer white line of the road in our lane. It wasn't quite running or walking--somewhere in between. Anyway, we had to slow down and David and I are staring at it like "what in the world is that?" It galloped along in front of us for a ways and then turns left and that's when we realized it was a mountain lion. It galloped across the road and up the mountain. It was so amazing. I have never seen a cat that big. It definitely was bigger than what I had imagined apparently because I was in shock when I saw it.

It was so stinkin' cool!! David and I were in complete shock and amazement to see it so close to us.

Well, guess I should go to bed. Busy day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

WHAT! I have never in my whole life of living here seen a mountain lion in the wild. AWESOME!
Sorry about the stove Glad you mad it safely.