Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some Good News

David has a job! Woohoo! He'll be working for Franklin County weed control. He's excited because he'll work Mon-Thurs...4 tens. He'll have 3 day weekends. I'm jealous!! I'm also a little nervous. The guy told him that sometimes the job involves riding 4 wheelers into the back country. David's excited but that makes me kinda nervous.

So, something I've learned while being here is that the farmers let their cattle run loose in the mountains. It's kind of a strange sight when you're used to cows only being in fields. The farmers bring them up there to graze and then will round them up for the winter.

Also, people around here use llama's to protect their sheep.

Hmm, I think I've got some more information...oh! I know. People around here hunt mountain lions. They release their dogs into the mountains. When the dogs find a mountain lion they will chase it up a tree and the guy will come along and shoot it. Seems kind of like cheating to me :)

The other day we saw some guy driving around in the mountains hanging out his window with some metal thing. That's what he was doing-tracking his dogs.

I took a picture of Preston's movie theater. Isn't it cute?


I also took a picture of a cool tree that I saw today.


Well, I'm off to watch me some Idol.

No comments: