Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Small town America

Some of you asked what fry sauce is. Well, it's ketchup and mayo mixed together. I find it pretty crazy that they actually have it prepared for you around here. Something else that's strange for this Okie is that people around here don't know what Okra is. Even though I've seen it in the Wal-Mart. I've seen brand's in Wal-Mart that I've never seen before, kinda weird. They also have huge shelves filled with giant cans of food to stock up on. Thinks like powdered margarine and powdered milk and like 5 gallon buckets of salt and sugar. I thought it was because people were preparing for something bad or because everyone out here has a million kids but Vicki said that their prophet told them to stock up so they do to be obedient.

I'm loving the life of a small town girl. One interesting fact about Preston is that they had a McDonald's one time and it shut down. Can you believe that? I thought McDonald's could make it anywhere. The people of Preston like to support local families who own restaurants. That's cool. In place of the McDonald's they have some fast food place called Arctic Circle. I haven't tried it though. We have one mexican restaurant called Los Amores. There are 3 local pizza shops but I've only had one. There's a Burger King and a Subway both located in 2 different gas stations. I keep wanting to snap a picture of the local movie theater but haven't had a chance to...it shows one movie at a time. Where's my Harkins? AMC? Tinseltown? There are some 4 plexes or something in Logan.

I'm just really excited for all the fun things that we're going to get to do. Well, I don't know much else. Have a good Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.