Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rambling On and On

I think I've said it before on here but I love this website called Pinterest. There are just so many awesome ideas on there. The latest thing that I found on there that I really want to do is to make journals for each of my children. Pretty leather journals that I want to write letters, memories and anything else pertaining to that child. I think it would be such a wonderful gift to give them one day. I think it particularly hits home with me because I don't come from a family of story tellers. I don't know things about me as a child that I wish I did know. Unfortunately I've learned a hard lesson about this. Sometimes you realize things too late. I wish I would have prodded my mom for more information about me as a baby/kid.

A while back I also started labeling things and need to finish it up. I have a tub of Avery's things I've put away for her. I intend on labeling them so that when she's older she'll look at something and know exactly what it is. I have chests and trunks full of items that were kept for a reason but I don't know what those reasons are. Clothing and other items that I don't even know who exactly they belong to. I hate that.

I'm very good about making sure I label photos too. Another pet peeve...not knowing who are in old photos that I have.

I was also thinking this morning about how much I love watching Avery figure things out. I love the little things that she does. So of course, I'm going to put them on here :) I love the big milestones but I love these little ones:

--I love how she gets so excited turning the light switch on and off (and on and off...). Her face lights up when she realizes she turned the light off and then back on. She flips the switch and then flips her head around to see what she has done.

--I love that she can close a drawer and keep her fingers out of the way.

--I love how she tries to turn the stick that hangs from the blinds.

--She imitates me and takes a rag and wipes the couch off or table.

--She pushes buttons on the DVD player and then looks at the TV to see what she's done. She's been learning a big lesson in cause and effect!

--I love how excited she gets when it's bath time. When I undress her she'll help pull the shirt off her head and then it's so cute how she'll step out of her pants. I also love how she puts her arm through her sleeves when getting dressed.

It just amazes me how she learns when I'm not even trying to teach her. Then it amazes me how she won't cooperate with the things I am trying to teach her haha!

I am so thankful that I am blessed enough to experience what it is to be a mother. I love my husband and he comes first. But the love of my baby is something different...

No comments: