Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well, my computer is on it's last leg. It's been acting up tonight and then even more of the screen started acting up and now I can't see more than half of the screen. :/

I was going to post pictures but I can't see them to see which ones to post. Except for my stuffing picture.

We had a good Thanksgiving. Our friends Zac and Jocee and their 3 kiddos came over. We split the cooking and it all turned out so good.


I ended up with stuffing and gravy. I've made stuffing once before though. Since I didn't have any pan drippings for the gravy, I bought some turkey legs and roasted them and used those drippings. This was the first time I've made gravy...besides breakfast type gravy. And I have to give myself a pat on the back because it was good :) My stuffing turned out good too. I was pleased with the flavor. I made my gravy yesterday and my pies yesterday so all I made this morning was the stuffing and warmed up the rolls. I'm glad I did it that way, it made things easier.


David was going to deep fry a turkey but we realized the fryer was in storage in Preston so he had to smoke it instead. It turned out awesome! It had great smoked flavor and we put apple juice in the pan too. It was moist and beautiful. Once he smoked on in his other smoker (we used the electric this time) and the turkey was black as coal. This one was perfect in color.


Of course we have a lot of things to be thankful for this year. I'm thankful we've been able to watch Avery grow up and I'm super thankful for David's new job. It's made things so much easier and we're getting ourselves set up for a good future. It's really exciting. I'm thankful we have friends here in Salt Lake. It's made things nice to have a friend to hang out with.


Now I'm getting excited for Christmas. Ok, I was already excited. I'm so looking forward to when Avery is older and she enjoys Christmas! It's going to be so fun to see her on Christmas morning. I've been getting ideas for traditions we can do each year to help keep the season Christ centered. I'm really excited to implement them. I want Avery to grow up remembering family things like that.


Hopefully I can get my desktop set up or get another laptop really soon. This messed up computer is no bueno.

No comments: