Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feeling Thankful

Today I stumbled upon a support group for AVM survivors. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am to have been given the option of stereotactic radiosurgery aka the cyberknife. Not only was I treated with this amazing non-invasive treatment, I was treated by the best possible person to do it. I have been alone in this AVM world but I'm not complaining, David was with me every step of the way, but yet, he'll never know what it's like. I've never felt that I needed to "talk" to anyone really but now that I see there are other people out there with AVM's and many much worse than mine, I wish I had found this site much earlier.

Today I have met people who have no hope of being cured. I have met people who have been basically forgotten by their doctors who said any treatment is too risky and then left alone. On the bright side, I have met people who are living their lives full of hope that their treatment is going to bring positive results. I met people who have AVM's in places that I didn't know you could even have one. These people are so incredibly brave. Most of the people though, are victims of brain AVM's. I was the victim of the much less common spinal AVM. No longer a victim but a survivor.

Sometimes even I forget where I've been. I know others do. I can't believe what has happened but I am so happy it's over. I look so normal, it's hard to believe that there was a time when I didn't know if I would walk, brush my own hair, take a shower by myself, touch my nose or feel my arm ever again. Wow. God truly is miraculous. He has taken such good care of us and provided in ways that can only be described as supernatural. Unexplainable.

Now that I have found this website. I hope to be a source of encouragement and hope to my fellow AVM survivors. I pray that they can see that good things can happen. Prayers can be answered. I hope to spread the news of the Cyberknife and the wonders that it can do. I found today that people had no clue about the Cyberknife or they thought it was only used to treat brain AVM's. I hope that at least one person mentions it to their doctor and can have this life changing treatment done on them. Some people are living in very scary and uncertain times and I hope that they can be encouraged by my story.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Hannah I was having a really down day, and this really put things into perspective for me that I don't have any problems even remotely close to what some other people deal with. So I need to get off My soap box today. Thank you

Chan said...

That is so awesome Hannah I bet you were such an encouragement to so many and will continue to be. God is awesome and I think sometimes he allows us to go thru things to grow our strength and praise Him . . .being a testimony to His wonderful power!

I know how great support groups are I would most likely be insane if it weren't for the support groups I have found for parents of kids with life threating food allergies.

Keep going girl you are an inspriation and I am so glad that all that is behind you. You have so much to offer!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Wow, girl! You have been a busy Blogger lately! Even though I don't really see you anymore, I'm still sad that you are moving. I guess this blogging thing sort of helps remind me to tend to my relationships better even in real life. But I am going to miss yall very much.

I don't know if I have ever told you this or not, but I am so proud of the incredible woman and gentleman you and David have become. You all have been through so much, and with grace and humor and determination that I look up to. Keep bloggin' from Idaho. I still want to keep in touch! Tell David HI for us too.