Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The dreaded event has finally come

I got a phone call today from the Doctor and they have set up for me to have (gulp) an arteriogram. I had one of these done when I was in the hopsital 3 years ago and it wasn't fun. It's not the end of the world but definitly not fun. So, this Monday, Jan 19 I will be going to the hospital to have this done. Now, for those of you who don't know exactly what this is, let me tell you. They stick a catheter into your main artery in your groin and shoot dye to where ever it's needed. In this case, it's into my spine to see if my AVM's gone. But the dye goes into your brain so it burns. And apparently David had to sign something before they did it to me the first time because there is a chance that I could be brain damaged due to the stopping of blood flow to my brain. That's encouraging. And something else that I don't like is that the doctor told me he was going to try to have it done at Mercy because they're good over there. Well, Mercy won't do it I guess so I'm having it done at St. Anthony's. I mean, I'm sure those people are qualified to do it BUT if he for some reason felt more comfortable with Mercy, then well, I do too! If St. Anthony's was fine, why didn't he just recommend doing it there in the first place?

Well, anyway, I know I'll be fine. The next fun part comes when you have to lay still for 6 hours so you don't bleed to death. Last time I had it done, I hurt for like 6 months afterwards. Anyone tired of my whining yet? Well, I am. Anywho, that's what I have to look forward to. Now for the good part of it. This arteriogram is the only way to confirm that the AVM is gone. Do you know how wonderful it would be to FOR SURE to know that it's gone? This would mean that I would never have to wonder if it will bleed again and I will be given the ok to have babies (yay!). Anyways, peace of mind is always good!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

OH My Hannah I am so sorry you have to go through that:( It will all be worth it when you hold your first baby in your arms. Good luck and we will be praying for you.

Chan said...

I will be praying for you monday and after. I pray that it goes as smoothly as possible and that you do not have the pain afterwards. I am praying that they give you the all clear also! How awesome that would be too hear!

Thanks for praying for Caden he really seems to be doing better already :)