Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Love

This morning I can't get over the love I have for Avery. She is the most precious thing. She's playing on my Nook. She's doing a connect the dots game and she's good at it. She always starts on number 1 (the dots are numbered). Sometimes I feel like I could squeeze her to death! She's so fun and sweet.

The other morning she yelled out "Dad!". I thought that was cute because it showed she thinks about him when he's not here. She yells "Dad!" a lot. Something she has started saying that I think is so funny but admittedly not a good thing is when you ask her something or say something to her, she says "What?" She'll repeat it too if you don't repeat yourself. David says he hopes she hasn't learned that from him...It's super cute to hear her say it though. Even her "no" and "yeah" are cute. Everything she does is cute haha.

Last night we told her to say "please" and she did. Repeatedly. Never has she so easily picked up a word. She will say it and sign it. The sign for it is to make a circular motion on your chest but she kept doing it on her belly. She is finally picking up words and it makes this mama happy!

She's doing more pretend play. She cooks at her kitchen now and makes sound effects when she pretends she's putting something in the pot, like salt and pepper. She will put her baby or stuffed animals in the high chair and put a plate on the tray and feed them or give them a drink.

I am going to Walgreens today to pick up pictures that I had printed. Avery's therapist suggested I take pictures of her things (shoes, toys, books, etc) and make a little book for her. She said sometimes when kid recognize their own things, they're more inclined to say the word.

She got a cute little swimsuit yesterday and I can't wait for her to wear it. We've been playing a lot with water balloons with the neighbor boy and she thinks they're great. She'll throw it and just laugh when it pops.

Avery needs one of these. It has a sandbox below it :)
I can't believe my girl is going to be 2 in a few months. I think the above picture would be a great present! I've already been working on David lol!

No comments: