Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Hot!


It's been hot here so we broke out Avery's new swimsuit and set up the sprinkler for her. You can see in the top picture how tan she is. The second picture doesn't show it as much. Her arms are so dark. Everyone mentions how tan she is.

I forgot to mention on here something someone said at Home Depot a week or 2 ago. It was so funny to me so I wanted to write it down because I'll forget. We came walking down an aisle and there was a man looking at some stuff. He looked like a guy who probably has a motorcycle. He had long hair pulled into a pony tail and balding on top. Anyways, he looks over at Avery and says "Wow, she's pretty cool looking!" and laughs. Imagine him saying it with this hippie type accent I guess you could call it. We kind of laughed and said thanks and he starts shaking his head yes and laughing saying "She's alriiiight".  I don't want to say he sounded high but he was just a laid back, 70s kind of guy lol. It was funny to us.

I found out that my neighbor's step sister wrote some book about birthing and so I'm going to go with her to the launch of it at a local bookstore. I'm pretty excited. My neighbor hangs out with "birth junkies" and so I was excited to find that out! I think the book is written from an LDS perspective but that's fine. I'm just excited to go meet people who like natural birth! I've really enjoyed getting to know my neighbor. She likes to talk about homeschooling, vaccinating, circumcising, crazy food stuff and all other kinds of things. I love it! She's probably one of the smartest people I've ever met.

I also really like my other neighbor a few doors down. I spend less time with her but she's sooo nice and always has a smile on her face. She has 2 boys ages 5 and 2 (almost 3) and lately she's been working on discipline with her boys. She feels she was too lenient with her oldest one and so now she's obsessed with this Love and Logic method and is trying to implement it. She's been a little stressed since her oldest one is trying to buck the system lol but I told her I was proud of her that she recognized that what she was doing wasn't working and is trying something else instead of getting defeated and letting her kid act like an animal. She's not confident in her parenting and admits it. She says I am...lol we'll see when Avery's 5! I guess Love and Logic is pretty big out here in Utah. I don't know much about it but I've got some thoughts on parenting but I'll leave it alone. Like I said, we'll see how it's going when Avery's older haha!

Book club last week went really well. The ladies were nice. I was the youngest one but I liked it and think I'll continue to go.

I bought Avery a potty chair. I'm not going to try to train her just yet but I want to introduce the idea to her. So far, she'll sit for about 2 seconds!

Avery got up at 6 this morning and now it's only 7:25. She's been watching TV all morning. I try to be nice in the mornings to our downstairs neighbors and keep her quiet and not stomping on the floors early in the morning so that means cartoons. She LOVES Blues Clues. She also watches Curious George and The Cat in the Hat. If she's up early enough she'll watch a little Sesame Street. Sesame Street sucks these days too.

We went to Whole Foods and bought some wheat free cookies that my neighbor made. I wanted David to try them so we got some and I just can't get over how good they are. The texture is just like a regular cookie. David said "hmm, not bad for a hippie cookie". I also tried coconut water for the first time yesterday. Gag me. I also quartered a chicken for the first time, then we brined it and grilled it. Yummo! It turned out good!

Well, I could keep going on about random stuff but I'll quit. Think I'll get some more coffee. Better put my 4th Keurig to use. Stupid Keurig. I was going to just go buy a coffee pot and give up on the Keurig's but I knew they'd send me a new one and it's free so well, I went the free route and number 4 is now sitting on the counter.

Make it a good Monday!

No comments: