Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Worried

I think Avery has a peanut allergy.

I normally wouldn't write about this until I know for sure but I'm kind of freaking out. I have to wait a few weeks before I can get her to an allergist to find out for sure. Until then, I'm going to be a bit nervous.

I'm really hoping that it's just a sensitivity or something but she definitely breaks out into a rash around her mouth when she eats peanut butter. I'm not sure if each reaction has gotten worse but from what I understand that is what happens with each exposure.

I spoke to a friend who's son has a peanut allergy and she's been very sweet. Someone told me that their child's allergy started out mild and then turned severe. That freaks me out. I know two people who have young children with food allergies and I have read their stories about the trials that go along with it and well, I'm worried.

I pray it's not as bad as I'm fearing.

No comments: