Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Parenting Fail

Yesterday I forgot to record David and my parenting fail.

On Sunday, David and I were in the living room and Avery had been in her room (or so we thought). She comes walking into the living room and over to David and he said "You've got water around your mouth" so I didn't think anything of it. She disappears again and comes back into the living room and she's got some more glistening spots on her head. So I touch it and realize exactly what it is. Vaseline.

I searched for the tub of vaseline but couldn't find it. That night (5 hours later) I found the vaseline. I opened it and realized she had gotten pretty deep into it. So I read the label and it says in case of ingestion to call poison control. Oops.

So David gets online and starts googling toddler's ingesting vaseline. Not good. I just called poison control and they said she'd be fine. The guy said what is concerning would be for her to choke on it. He said it might give her diarrhea but it didn't. He said since it had been 5 hours and nothing had happened that she was fine and she is.

Actually, this isn't my first parenting fail. One time she got into the dishwashing detergent.

Earlier this morning I was in the kitchen and I heard her doing her usual squeal, barky thing that she does so I went in her room and she was stretched out between her chair and table. Her toes were on the edge of the chair and her hands were grasping on to the edge of her table. She reminded me of a cartoon of a human bridge. It was pretty funny. You probably just had to see it for yourself...

David and I have a lot of work to do tonight. He found out last night that he has a 5 page essay rough draft due tomorrow. He had to miss one class on Monday because of work. Well, he never thought to go afterwards to speak with the professor or email her to find out what the assignment was. I think it should be fairly easy though. He can write about anything he wants so that is good.

Ugh, school is not fun!

No comments: