Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Makin' Me Wonder.

This week has gone by soooo much better than last. Avery was sick last week so maybe that's why but my happy girl is back and I'm soooo thankful!

I've been watching every episode of The Wonder Years but yesterday I got sidetracked watching Sister Wives. Now I can't stop watching it! I think it's very interesting. I feel sorry for the ladies but then I remember they choose to live that way. It would be nice to have the company and help from sister wives though.

The family said something though, that I just don't understand. All of the wives and the husband mentioned that it didn't matter to them if their children practiced polygamy or even stayed FLDS. As long as their children, they said, all grew up to be productive citizens, they didn't care what beliefs/practices they choose.

I don't understand this. I am a born again Christian. I more than anything want my children to be the same. I don't live not caring if they become Buddhist or Catholic as long as they're good people. I am a Christian because I believe it's THE only way to spend an eternity in Heaven with God. I would assume that these people are FLDS because in a sense they believe the same thing about their faith. So why wouldn't they intensely want for their children to follow the same path? Not only their children but everyone they know.

David has had more "religious" conversations with LDS people since he's worked here and I haven't. And one thing we've never figured out is why people are so okay with us not agreeing with their faith. Everyone has told David that basically it's okay for him to believe what he believes. I just wonder why. It makes me scratch my head.

Well, since Avery's napping, it's time to go watch more Sister Wives :0)


No comments: