Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday!

I was cleaning up the living room and realized Avery was being awfully quiet. Here is where I found her. Later I found her on her table. Look at her baby mullet.

So in my quest to learn homemaking "arts", I had decided I needed to learn to sew. I have really been dragging my feet about this but I'm trying to change that. I pulled out my sewing machine and located a manual I can get online. I figure if I learn now, that will give me 5 years or so to get proficient before Avery is old enough to start learning. I also pulled out the other sewing machines we have. One David brought into the marriage :0) It seems to be from the 50's. It's a Pfaff. The other I brought, it's a Singer and according to the motor number was made in 1883. Then I have a White. For people who don't know how to sew, we sure have a lot of machines! I'm going to change that though! I really want to learn how to quilt.

Regardless of whether or not Avery wants to learn how to sew, she's learning. It's a skill that will do her good. I figure though, if she starts learning young enough, she'll be eager to learn. I wish I had kept up the crocheting (or was it knitting?) that my grandmother taught me when I was younger.

Avery pulled apart part of my sewing machine. The part where the bobbin goes in. All of these pieces came out and I couldn't figure out how to put it all back together and make it stay in the machine. So Thursday I pulled it out again and all of a sudden I looked at it and it made sense and I got it put back together. Funny how sometimes you step away from something and come back to it and it makes sense. I don't know why I didn't get it the first time. Oh well.

David is out shooting guns with some guys from work. So Avery and I are hanging out...well, she's napping right now. Maybe I should too...

Nah, I need to get back on Pinterest and find some more projects I want to do. Notice I said "need"...it is a must :0)

How did I ever live without Pinterest?

No comments: