Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Darcy Padilla

I just finished looking at this photographers documentation of this woman's life over the last 18 years. This photographer photographed this woman's life and tells her story. It's haunting, that's the best word for it. I can't get it out of my mind.

The woman's story begins as an 18 year old mother with AIDS. She goes on to have 6 children. 5 of them she lost rights to. One of the children was adopted and the adoptive parents reached out to her and let her meet her son that was taken away at birth. This is just one woman's story. I can't even imagine how many more like it are out there.

This documentation ends with her dying in the Alaskan wilderness. Living in poverty. Dying of AIDS. Attempting to raise her youngest daughter but she is too sick and weak to care for her. The physical changes she goes through are shocking. It's heart breaking.

There is so much pain in the world. Seeing some of those pictures of her sick actually reminded me of my mom. No person should ever watch a loved one die. To watch someone's body and mind deteriorate is unexplainable. The pain is deep.

But there is hope.

Thankfully, I know my mom was saved. I will see her again. I'm going to see her in her perfect body. She'll see me with perfect eyes--not failing eyes. I have a peace and comfort. There is something better than this place. A place whose beauty I will never understand or imagine until I'm there myself. John 16:33 says God has overcome this world. For that, I am glad. I'm thankful that the Spirit dwells in us who are saved by God's grace and gives us the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. I need His peace.

In my 26 years, I've had too much death in my life.

Geez, what a sad post. Some things just get you thinking. Life is real and today I'm writing about it :)

I just can't imagine how people cope without knowing Christ.

No comments: