Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Laundromat

You know, I have spent enough time in this one laundromat that I think I'm starting to like it. I don't mind coming here. Obviously one perk is that it has wi-fi. That's why I chose this particular laundromat. I pass others to come to this one. The atmosphere isn't bad either. Atmosphere is a big deal to me.

It's so wonderful how God brings people into your life to be a blessing to you. Last night I went over to some people's house to watch the Superbowl. I almost didn't go because I needed to do laundry, as usual. The lady of course offered that I could bring my laundry over to her house...like 10 times. I graciously told her thank you but inside knew there was no way in heck I was going to bring my laundry over there. Embarassing. So, I showed up at her house and the first thing she says is "where's your laundry?" Upon leaving her house, she says "next time you come over, you HAVE to bring at least 2 loads of laundry." Not going to happen but thank you.

Sometimes it's easy to see how this world is declining. People are in a hurry and rude and only concerned about themselves. It's so nice to know that there are people out there who just want to be nice. Someone who wants to help and make things easier for you.

I had a really wonderful time last night and I am sooo glad I went despite the fact that David couldn't come with me.

So, I'm sitting here thinking. I do that alot these days. I'm also enjoying a delightful tea from Einstein Bro's Bagels. I'm feeling really good. Things in my life are changing for the better. I'm learning so many new things in this time of my life. I miss my home. I miss my family and friends but the lessons I've learned since stepping out and moving away, I wouldn't trade for the world.

Life is hard but life is good.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hey saw your post about job hunting and i know you didn't want food, but I went to callaways today to get a gift certificate and they had a help wanted sign on there door. It's a pizza sub seafood place in smithfield right before the seven eleven coming from idaho almost across from smithfield implement. but they don't open until 4:30.