Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Craziness

I feel like I've been cut off from the whole world the last few days. David's accident was on Tuesday and he stayed home on Wednesday. We went and cleaned out our truck and took pictures of the damage. I spoke to the insurance lady and the cop. Did I mention David didn't get a ticket? Thank goodness.

Amazingly, David hasn't been too sore so he went to work on Thursday and Friday. Both days were fine. I can't believe, neither can he, that he hasn't been more sore than he has been. On Thursday a guy from work took him to lunch to celebrate his life :0)

David's being at work means me being at home...with no car so I've had no contact with the outside world in the last few days. Until Friday, when I hosted Bunco.

Some hopefully good news is that on Thursday I got a call back from a dentist office about a job that I had applied for. I didn't get the message until 8 that night though. I panicked about what to do...my prepaid phone was out of minutes and I had no car to get there if they wanted an interview. I was also worried that they might not be open on Fridays. So I got up Friday morning and put money on my prepaid phone and called the dentist office. The lady asked if I could come in at 10 for an interview. I explained that I didn't have a vehicle and would need to find a ride, could I come at 11? She said yes.

I called Vicki who was having phone issues and so I frantically called my pastor's wife and asked if she could give me a ride. She said she couldn't but that I could borrow her car. She came and got me, I dropped her off and was on my way. I made it to the dentist office with a few minutes to spare.

I went it and got a tour, did an interview and took a 200 question personality test. As I was handing my test back and about to leave, the interviewer lady asked me to come back on Monday to meet the dentist and the rest of the staff. Only problem is, I start training at the county on Monday. The lady from the dentist office wants me to come Monday morning and I couldn't call the county on Friday because they're closed. She said that I could come on Tuesday but that she preferred Monday. I think she realized that wasn't very nice for me to show up at the county on Monday and say "do you mind if I go....?" so the lady called me back after I'd left and said she wanted to talk to me more and that if I needed to come Tuesday, that'd be fine.

So, tomorrow I've got to take David to work (before 6 am) and then be back in Preston to work at 7. Then possibly go back to Logan to see the dentist and then back later on to pick up David.

Also, someone ordered a tool from us this week!

No comments: