Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Growing Up

It really amazes me when I see Avery do something new. I guess a mother never grows old of watching their child learn something new. Last week we were at the park and I was sitting on the bench with my friend Alicia, when I looked over and Avery was sitting on a big kid swing. I looked for another kid who might have put her on there and there was no one around. I went over and pushed her and she swang (swung?) like a big kid! A little while later I saw how she got on the swing, which was what I assumed--she just held onto the chains and lifted herself right into the swing. Ever since David has brought our pull up bar into the house she loves to hang from it. Well, now she hangs from everything...door handles, the handle off her trike, basically anything. Gymnast in the making?

The kids in the neighborhood all ride scooters. Our neighbor has a small 3 wheeled scooter so Avery scoots around on it. Yesterday she finally started riding it like you're supposed to. She was scooting along like a big kid.

My neighbor says she acts more like an older 2 year old. She always goes on about Avery's fine motor skills. Maybe she's more impressed since her 5 year old lacks in that area. He's smart but he doesn't like to write or anything like that. She's going to have his IQ tested in September and I bet it's a lot higher than mine! That kid is crazy smart.

I can't wait until the day we pull out of here and are on our way home. This will be our 9th move in our 7 years of marriage. That's crazy. I'm really hoping this is our last for a while. The longest we've lived anywhere was our house in Edmond; we lived there for 2 years before we moved to Idaho.

I can't wait to sit on my back porch while Avery plays in the back yard. My grandma used to have a glider on the back porch. I have memories of sitting back there with her and smelling the honeysuckle that grew on both fences. I used to love to pull the stem out and suck the sweet juices off. Sadly the honeysuckle is gone. I have big plans for that back yard though :) I'm so happy I have pinterest to give me great ideas!

Can't wait for Avery to have a big girl room! Thankful again for Pinterest :)

I want to get a dog but I don't want to get a dog. I really feel that no childhood is complete without a dog. However, I don't want dog hair inside and I hate leaving dogs outside. Maybe I'll get some hairless type dog :) Yeah right.

David turned in his notice on Friday and it went well. His boss is going to allow him to stay the 2 weeks. We were concerned that he may not. I bet his foreman is going to be sad that he is leaving. He already told the higher up bosses that they needed to do something because David was about out the door. The foreman had no idea that we already planned to move. He really likes David and David really respects and likes him too. I really hope David can find a CNC job in OK. He'll be so much happier if he can do that.

Well, time to go be productive :)

I'm moving!

No comments: