Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sick

My poor honey girl has been sick. We have been blessed in that Avery has barely been sick. She started running a fever Sunday evening and it was still going strong by Tuesday evening so we took her to the doctor. I'd say we've been pretty darn lucky that she's 16 months and this was our first real bout with a fever. As of this morning she seems to be fever free but I thought she was doing better yesterday morning too. We'll see how the day progresses.

It's tough having a sick baby. Especially when mama doesn't handle sickness well. The doctor last night had to make a comment that Avery might have some other illness since she's not vaccinated. I knew the day would come that a doctor would throw it back in my face but somehow, I feel that she doesn't have anything serious. That sounds pretty crazy I guess but I just don't have it in my gut that anything is seriously wrong. I hope I'm right! I dealt with doctors saying things like that after I had Avery...when Dr. Beckstead asked if the midwife left a dirty rag inside of me when I had the infection after she was born. Whatever. I'll just carry on doing my thing.

I've mentioned before that Avery likes to play with my Nook. On the app that has the animal sounds, there is a wolf. Avery now howls with it. It's cute, she'll throw her head back and howl.

Nothing much is going on around here. I think I'll be planning some summer trips soon. Hoping to do some Utah sight seeing!! Love me a road trip :0)

It's almost the weekend...my favorite part of the week! Peace out :)

No comments: